The types of ingredients found in your facial hair care product is important to note. Even the natural product ingredient deck should be reviewed. There are many plant oils and butters out there, but using the ones that will support the purpose for the product’s use is important. At Mia’s Botanicals, we are finicky about the natural oils and butters that are used in our facial hair products. In addition, we NEVER use fragrances.
Plant oils (aka natural oils) have distinct benefits for improving the condition of hair and skin. Here are some natural oils we incorporate into our products, and how they may benefit the facial hair aficionado:
• Aloe Oil (Aloe Barbadensis) - anti-bacterial, hydrating.
• Apricot Oil (Prunus Armeniaca) –protective, emollient, nourishing, itch relief.
• Jojoba Wax (Simmondsia Chineasis) – dry scalp, chapped skin, moisturize control, prevents buildup of sebum (clogged pores).
• Meadowfoam Seed Oil (Limnunthes Alba) – adds shine to hair, helps repair dry/damaged hair.
• Rosehip Seed Oil (Rosa Canina) – regenerative.
• Sunflower Oil (Helianthus Annuus) – nourishes, softens and moisturizes.
• Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus) –protective, emollient, nourishing, itch relief.
• Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) – dry scaly hair and skin Plant butters and waxes have distinct benefits for improving the condition of hair and skin.
Here are some natural butters and waxes we incorporate into our products, and how they may benefit the facial hair aficionado:
• Castor Seed Oil (Ricinus Communis) – soothes and relieves itch.
• Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera) – emollient; moisturizes dry hair.
• Beeswax – prevents moisture loss; provides texture for styling.
• Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia Cerifera) – adds shine and lubricity to hair; prevents moisture loss; provides texture for styling; a vegan alternative to beeswax.
• Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera) – prevents moisture loss; provides texture for styling; a vegan alternative to beeswax.
This information is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to prescribe, treat, prevent, or diagnose any disease or condition.
Source: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy And Massage 4th Edition by Len Price
Photo courtesy of Pexels
#miabotancials #naturestherapy #certifiedaromatherapist #beard #beardstyle #beardstrong #beardedmen #beardlove #beardlife #beardmodel #bearded #beardspot #beardgang #bearded #beardsofinstagram #beardedvillians #beardedvilliansnewmexico #beardedvilliansphoenix #scruff #albuquerquefacialhairsociety #dukecitybristlers
Comments will be approved before showing up.